Mangatepopo Camp


On Tuesday we were so excited because it was the day that we were going to Mangatepopo School Camp. Our first stop was Raukawa Falls, it was a beautiful place. Our second stop was Ratehi, we had morning tea there. After morning tea and and having a breath of fresh air we headed back into the bus and headed straight to the Camp. When we got to the camp we unpacked the bus. After we unpacked the bus we sorted out where everybody was going to sleep. After that we had lunch and the staff brought out some Chocolate Milk. After we had lunch we went to Te Porere Redoubt. We went for a little walk, after the walk we went back to the bus and had some afternoon tea. Then we went to the Thermal Hot Pools. It was so warm and relaxing that I could just fall asleep. After that we had dinner. My favourite thing was the Hot pools.




On wednesday the pots and pans went off at six thirty in the morning. When the pots and pans reached my cabin I fell out of my bunk. We had to be at the dining room by seven o’clock sharp so that means that we only had half an hour to get ready. After we had breakfast we got ready to go to the Trout Sanctuary. When we got there we had to split up, we had two groups one was going fishing first and the other was going for a tour my favourite thing about the tour was the stripping pen. When we got back from when we started my group could go fishing. Then we went for a two hour walk around Rotopounamu lake we stopped half way around the lake for morning tea then we were back on the track when we got back on the bus and headed for camp. Then when it got dark we went on the glow worm walk unfortunately there were no glow worms. My favourite thing was the Trout Sanctuary.



I woke up and got ready for the big day ahead of us. The first thing we did was hop in the bus and we were on our way to Taranaki Falls. We had to do a lot of walking till we got to the falls, we thought we got to the falls but we still had to walk down one hundred stairs. When we finally got to the falls we had morning tea. When we finished having morning tea we went with Mr Paul behind the falls and the falls were really loud. When we finished at the falls we went back to the bus and had lunch, when we finished lunch we were told to go into the bathroom, so we could put on our warm layers for going in the snow. When we got to the snow we were all so blown away with all the excitement. when I was in the snow I wasn’t watching where I was going and I tripped in a massive hole and when I got up my shoe was still in the snow, when Jessica finally got out my shoe it was full of snow. After we finished playing in the snow we went back on the bus and was heading back to camp. when we got back to camp we had a warm milo because we were all cold. Then we got our togs headed to the Hot Pools, when we finished at the Hot Pools we headed back to camp. My favourite thing was going to the mountain and playing in the snow.  



On Friday we went to the National Army Museum it was awesome. We were took on a tour around the museum my favourite part of the museum was when we could look at all the badges. I liked looking at the badges because they were so shiny.

When we were finished at the army museum we went back on the bus and headed to Wanganui. When we were looking out the window Mr Paul showed us The Big Carrot, The Big Gumboot, The Big Dog and a Huge Airplane. We got back to school at about three thirty and everyone was so happy to see us.

download (1)    download (2)


By Mikayla



Inspire Net